Homologation Papers

BC-Thats-Me

Homologation Papers

Post by BC-Thats-Me » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:54 pm

The FIA have just put live a Historic site which amongst other things allows you to download for free historic technical regulations and homologation papers. papers for the Courier Mk3 & Mk4T are available and the MK4 ones at least are mcuh clearer than the reprint I had to pay the MSA £30 for a few years ago,

http://historicdb.fia.com

Victoracing

Re: Homologation Papers

Post by Victoracing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm

I was looking for race weight of Courier Mk.IV Sebring (lightweight) and tried this site.
Tough read, starting with "Elava Courrier" French?

Production required 100 units/12 month period. Would you consider the Sebring ltwt a "variant" ? . . . standard Mk.IV barely totaled 100, not even the IRS T-types totaled 100. Were the T-types a "variant"?

Was led to 1965 SCCA GCR, where all 1800cc models were classed CP. By 1967, 1800T was DP. No mention of the Sebring ltwt. that I found. Never found a minimum weight for the Sebrings, I will guess they had to ballast to standard. Goodbye unfair advantage!
Update: the Dec.1963 press release for new Sebring option Mk.IV-T quotes 11 3/4 cwt, or 597kg dry, 1313.4 #
This is an optimistic advertisement, remember, but it is the number I was looking for.

Finally, the 1964 LeMans aero coupe. Was this one-off a "Prototype" or "variant"
Even more credit to Lutz and Osteen for walking through this minefield.
Team Roster: driver, lawyer, mechanic, lawyer, translator, driver, lawyer, engineer.

gc
the Registry guy,
Gary Cossaboon

BC-Thats-Me

Re: Homologation Papers

Post by BC-Thats-Me » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:46 pm

With the standard T Type homologated at just 603kg with a spare tyre I think it's unlikely that even a Sebring would need ballast to make this. I think the homologated weight was fairly creative, possibly the Sebring was just made to get somewhere near this. I think to build an MG powered Mk4T with full screen, full electrics etc at much below 650kg would be a pretty tough job even with a lightweight chassis and body particularly as one now needs a cage or at least a roll bar.